Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a great side dish for roast beef or pork.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chopped cooked broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Can use lite or fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili pepper (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook broccoli, drain and chop.
- In a mixing bowl mix remaining 4 ingredients together.
- Add broccoli to mixture and mix lightly.
- Pour mixture into a lightly-buttered casserole or baking dish.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over top.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15- 20 minutes or untill hot and bubbly.
I was looking for a nice low carb broccoli side dish to go along with a pork tenderloin I was making and found this recipe. Perfect, easy and delicious! Thanks so much for posting! This one will be in my make again file for sure.
We really enjoyed this recipe. The broccoli didn't end up over cooked and had a nice, rich flavor. I didn't have enough mayonnaise or any green chilies but, even without, a very nice side dish.