Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a decadent way to enjoy sauteed mushrooms with your asparagus. The tastes go together beautifully.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add olive oil. The oil will keep the butter from turning brown and burning.
- Cut asparagus into approximately 1" lengths and add to pan.
- Add mushrooms.
- Saute until mushrooms are dark and asparagus is fork tender.
- Add flour to the milk and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add the milk mixture and the salt and pepper to the pan.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
This is the most wonderful asparagus and mushrooms I have every eaten. This recipe is so easy also. I made it up in about 20 minutes start to finish for Easter dinner. If you like these two ingredients you must try this recipe. Chef #1234111
Way too much flour. I used 2 tablespoons and it was still like glue. Too much salt also. I won't make again
Easy and tastes great!