Recipe by Annacia
This sounds very tasty to me as well as being quick and simple to make. Posted for Zaar World Tour III
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g butter
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 350 ml whole milk
- 150 g almonds, shelled and ground
- 150 ml light cream
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a white sauce by gently blending the flour in the melted butter in a large pot and gradually stirring in the stock and milk.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until nearly boiling, then turn down the heat to simmer very gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the ground almonds and heat through for 3-4 minutes.
- Before serving, beat the egg yolk and cream together, stir into the soup, and heat through.
- Season to taste.