Recipe by Jezski
Delicately elegant, similar to a real semifreddo but quickly and easily made. Eggless for those not liking to use uncooked fresh eggs in a cold dessert. (That would be me!) Flavor with rum, Amaretto, or your personal choice. The Italians like semifreddo desserts cold, not frozen because the flavor is more apparent. This dessert comes from the elegant Caffe Greco in Rome and was in my files of "Olde" recipes!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, powdered
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, preferably Dutch cocoa
- 4 tablespoons sugar, superfine
- 2 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour cream into a bowl and beat with a whisk or an egg beater, adding coffee, cocoa, and sugar while beating, until cream is softly peaked but not stiff.
- With a tablespoon stir in rum.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. If frozen, let it soften a little before serving.