3 hrs 8 mins
Another Christmas cookie. These are very fragile, and the yield depends on how carefully you roll them out and whether any break - trust me, they're worth it. Prep time includes mixing, cooling, and assembling time.(Oh, and pay no attention to the nutritional information behind the curtain - you're happier not knowing).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend 1 cup butter, cream, and flour and chill thoroughly.
- 2Roll the dough out to 1/8-inch and cut out circles using a small (~11/2 inch) circular cookie cutter.
- 3Press both sides of the circles into granulated sugar.
- 4Place the circles on baking parchment on a baking sheet and bake 7-9 minutes at 375°.
- 5Place on a flattened grocery bag and cool completely.
- 6Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, almond, and food coloring and blend thoroughly to make frosting.
- 7To assemble the cookies, gently frost the underside of 2 cookies to make a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1790.0
- Calories from Fat 1178
- Total Fat 130.9 g
- Saturated Fat 82.2 g
- Cholesterol 359.3 mg
- Sodium 1031.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g