Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great way to use up all the corn from summer's crop, freeze into serving-size portions and reheat when needed :)
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter an extra large baking dish (make certain that the baking dish is large enough to hold all the corn).
- Place half of the corn in a food processor; cover and process until creamy.
- Pour into large baking pan.
- Add milk, butter, sugar, salt and remaining corn.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cool then freeze in small plastic containers.
This is very tasty, and easy to do. I used 19 cobs and ended up with 8 cups of the finished product. It didn't turn out as creamy as I would have liked. (I guess I'm just used to the canned mush :)) I think I'll give it a try on the top of the stove next time...probably next week, as the *good* corn is now ready!! I also made use of the cobs making Corn Cob Jelly. That's really good too! Thanks Kitten, to opening my eyes to *fresh* creamed corn.
Much enjoyed by my entire family. I reduced the recipe by half, and the salt probably by slightly more as I only used 1 tsp. Very good.
I made this to use in your stuffing balls. Unfortunately in Israel I have never seen creamed corn and needed it for this receipe (By the way, it was great!) Since one of my children is very allergic to milk, I substituted soy milk. it turned out just fine. This was so much better then the stuff I remember eating out of a can! No camparison!