Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 43 mins
Pressure canned cream style corn so that it can be put up & enjoyed all year long.
- Sterilize 18 pint jars by boiling for 10 minutes or baking at 225 for 20 minutes.
- Simmer lids & bands in (not boiling) water.
- Husk corn.
- Remove silk.
- Wash ears.
- Blanch ears 4 minutes in boiling water.
- Cut corn from cob at about the center of kernel.
- Scrape remaining corn from cobs with a table knife.
- To each quart of corn and scrapings, add two cups of boiling water.
- Heat all to boiling.
- Let boil for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to each jar, if desired.
- Fill pint jar with hot corn mixture, leaving 1-inch head space.
- Adjust lids and process 85 minutes at 10 lb. pressure (0-1000 ft) or 15 lb pressure (above 1000 ft.).