Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This puts canned cream style corn in it's place. My step-mom makes this and it's one of my favorites. Sometimes I do the Parmsean cheese sometimes not, it's good either way. Cooking and prep time are a guess.
- Combine corn and cream, bring to a boil over low heat. Stir often.
- Remove corn with slotted spoon ans set aside.
- In seperate pan melt butter and add flour to make a paste. Cook for a few minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- Gradually add cream to thicken.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and add salt, sugar and Accent. Mix well.
- Return corn to cream and heat over low heat to a boil.
- Transfer to a casserole and top with Parmsean cheese and dot with butter. Brown the cheese under the broiler and serve.