Recipe by jssm529
You can make this with peppers or as large meatballs. I've made this without the peppers as hot meals for my daughter's wedding shower and baby shower. It is definitely a hit and easy to make. I've also won a prize for this recipe in a pork cook off (aprons and a year's supply of pork) contest.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup rice, washed (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 8 -9 medium green peppers
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare peppers by cutting off tops.
- Remove seeds and scrape insides with teaspoon.
- Wash peppers.
- Mince and lightly brown onion in small amount of oil, add paprika at end of browning.
- Pour this in a large bowl and mix with meat, rice and seasoning.
- Fill green peppers with mixture of rice and meat.
- Place peppers in deep pot; pour on tomato soup and enough water to cover peppers (sometimes I will add two cans for richer gravy).
- Simmer for 1 hour or until rice is cooked; when rice is soft peppers are done.
- Add heavy cream to liquid after peppers are finished and serve. (Do not boil after cream is added).
- When serving cut meatball and place sauce on top.