Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can make this with peppers or as large meatballs. I've made this without the peppers as hot meals for my daughter's wedding shower and baby shower. It is definitely a hit and easy to make. I've also won a prize for this recipe in a pork cook off (aprons and a year's supply of pork) contest.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup rice, washed (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 8 -9 medium green peppers
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- Prepare peppers by cutting off tops.
- Remove seeds and scrape insides with teaspoon.
- Wash peppers.
- Mince and lightly brown onion in small amount of oil, add paprika at end of browning.
- Pour this in a large bowl and mix with meat, rice and seasoning.
- Fill green peppers with mixture of rice and meat.
- Place peppers in deep pot; pour on tomato soup and enough water to cover peppers (sometimes I will add two cans for richer gravy).
- Simmer for 1 hour or until rice is cooked; when rice is soft peppers are done.
- Add heavy cream to liquid after peppers are finished and serve. (Do not boil after cream is added).
- When serving cut meatball and place sauce on top.