Prep 3 mins
Cook 27 mins
This is the first Rachel Ray recipe that I have tried, and that I actually liked! This was a super, simple recipe, and I wanted to post it because I thought everyone would enjoy it. I'm not a spinach person, but this was really good.
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (453.59 g) box frozen spinach, chopped defrosted
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbles
- Place the cream in a small pot and reduce by half by gently simmering 20 minutes.
- Heat a medium skillet with olive oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and saute until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain the spinach by wringing dry in clean kitchen towel. Separate the spinach with your hands and add to onions and garlic. Season spinach with nutmeg then stir in the reduced cream. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Trim the tops off tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Stuff tomatoes with creamed spinach and top each with 1/4 cup blue cheese. Broil to brown the cheese. Garnish the tomatoes with chives.
I've been increasing healthier eats into my diet and those flecks of spinach stuck in my teeth I call my trademark. Made for PAC Spring 2010.