1/1 Photo of Cream Soup Substitutes
Galley Wench's Note:
When your recipe calls for a can of condensed soup, just make your own! This makes the equivalent of one can of condensed soup (10.5 ounces). Note the suggested variations that can be made to this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Stir in flour; a little at a time; stirring until combined and smooth.
- 3Remove from heat and add the broth and milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep lump-free.
- 4Return to heat.
- 5Bring sauce to a gentle boil and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 7Stir in optional ingredients if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Soup Substitutes
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g