Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- In a small saucepan, whisk milk and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add margarine, salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Use in recipes in place of a can of condensed cream of "whatever" soup. Reconstitute soup by adding one cup of water to the recipe.
- Cream Of Mushroom: Add 1/4 cup chopped canned mushrooms.
- Cream Of Celery: Add 1/4 cup chopped sauteed celery.
- Cream Of Chicken: Add 1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken.