Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Simple way to sweeten up a salty ham.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place ham flat side down in oven safe dish.
- Pour half of Cream Soda over ham.
- Spread brown sugar over ham.
- Drizzle remaining Cream Soda over ham, careful not to rinse of brown sugar.
- Cover (tent) with aluminum foil.
- Baste occasionally. (20-30 minute intervals).
- Heat to 140-160F internal temperature.
I didn't have a wild boar ham but my cheapy ham was very salty. I basted with the cream soda throughout the cooking time and it came out lovely. We prefer a ham that tastes like, well, HAM! The overly sweet or smokey ones just don't cut it with us. This recipe added just the right sweetness and flavor.