Recipe by Lighthouse Rita
This cake is extremely moist and has the most wonderful taste. The recipe calls for a butter cake mix, I used a vanilla cake mix. Instead of adding a box of pudding, I bought the cake mix with pudding and decreased the water to 1/4 cup. I got this recipe from a friend in my line-dance club.
- 1 butter recipe cake mix (I use a vanilla cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bundt pan with oil.
- Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan.
- Mix all ingredients (except for topping) with electric beater for 2 minutes.
- Pour over nuts.
- Bake at 325 for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Make glaze right before cake comes out of the oven.
- Put glaze ingredients in small pan on stove until it boils.
- Boil for two minutes.
- As soon as cake comes out of oven pour glaze over it.
- Leave cake in pan for 15 minutes and then take out of pan.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar if desired.