Straight out of Having Tea by Tricia Foley. The best scones served with cream and strawberry jam! Easy and fast to make.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add enough of the cream to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured board, handling the dough gently to retain the air needed for the scones to rise.
- Roll out to a 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch rounds with a sharp knife or use a cookie cutter.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch space around each one.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.