Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Top Review by Jen T
I stumbled upon this recipe while searching for scones using cream and I am pleased I did. I only had 1/3 cup of cream and so it was just right. As there are just the two of us I didn't want to make a big batch as I would eat far too many :) These were just like my mother used to make many moons ago :) I used sultanas and topped them with some blueberry jam to serve. Thanks for a real keeper. This recipe makes 4 scones and halved would serve 8 if everyone just had a half which I seriously doubt would happen as they are so light and yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cream or 1⁄3 cup half-and-half, etc
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup currants
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add milk and stir until almost combined.
- Add cherries and finish mixing until just combined.
- Divide dough into 4 rounds on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar just before baking.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.