Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A basic cream sauce recipe from Rachel Ray
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In an 8 inch skillet, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter ans 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley and remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese when tossing with pasta. Makes 2/3 cup.