Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe my mom has been making forever and it is so yummy! She says the recipe makes 12-18 cream puffs depending on how big you make them. I hope you like them!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sifted flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For creampuffs: heat the water and margarine to boiling in a saucepan. Stir in all at once the sifted flour.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves pan and forms into a ball (about 1 minute). Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Beat mixture until smooth and velvety.
- Drop from teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes in 425 degree oven then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, gut gash to allow steam to escape (I guess in the middle so you can fill them). Fill with custard filling.
- For custard filling: melt margarine in a saucepan. Blend in cornstarch, sugar and salt. Gradually add milk. Heat to boiling over direct heat. Stir mixture into slightly beaten egg yolks.
- Return to heat and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vanilla. Cool thoroughly. Makes 2 cups.
Very easy thank you for sharing ?
same recipe as my grandmother and oh my sooooo good!!! Cornstarch pudding is the only way to go!!!!
These were incredibly easy to make. As I was making the dough I thought there was no way they would come out good but boy was I surprised. I made a test batch tonight and this passed with flying colors! I drizzled Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel sauce over the top and it just added to it's deliciousness! I'll definitely be making these again!