Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adopted in the Great RecipeZaar Adoption of 2005. Hope to make and update soon. Original poster's comments: Cream puffs are not really all that hard to make. I've never had this recipe not turn out. You can fill with whipped cream, pastry cream, pudding, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- icing sugar
- In a medium saucepan combine margarine, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir till mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until smooth.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons, 3 inches apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 F for 30-35 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice puffs in half and remove any soft dough inside.
- Fill with whipped cream.
- Replace tops.
- Lightly sift icing sugar over tops.
Wonderful! Five stars, without hesitation I do have a little tip. I spray the cookie sheet and put it into the ref. while making the "puffs". They seem to hold their shape better. Rounder and higher. Thank's Marge, from another "Marge"
these were super !! crispy on outside.....light as a feather !! thanks patsy