Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't open the oven door whilst cooking these as they will drop !!
- Place butter and water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and add flour at once and mix quickly.
- Remove from heat and add eggs one at at a time
- Beat till mixture is smooth.
- Take dessertspoons of mixture and place at intervals on a well greased tray.
- Bake at 180 c for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream when cool.
These didn't turn out as well as I had hoped - but the kids loved them anyway! :) I took mine out of the oven and they were nice and puffy then they deflated and went as flat as a pancake. The second batch I made I cut slits in immediately on removal from the oven and they didn't go near as flat as the first batch. We had these with a chocolate filling and there weren't any leftovers! Made for the October 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
Metal bars may be the only way to keep me separated from such deliciousness. And about those stripes, it's obviously just an opitcal illusion. Everyone knows that black and vertical stripes are slimming. Made for Everyday Is a Holiday.