Recipe by Derf
Wonderful, impressive dessert. Can also be used for savoury fillings, seafood, sauced meat,salads. Very handy to have on hand in the freezer.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring to boil, water, butter, vanilla and salt, over medium high heat.
- Dump rice flour in all at once and stir until mixture is smooth and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between each addition.
- Beat until batter is smooth.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool on rack.
- When completely cooled, bag airtight and freeze, or, cut each puff in half fill with whipped cream, replace top, or partially fill with any kind of fruit sauce, top with whipped cream, replace top, drizzle fruit sauce over, and top again with whipped cream.