Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful, impressive dessert. Can also be used for savoury fillings, seafood, sauced meat,salads. Very handy to have on hand in the freezer.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream
- In a saucepan, bring to boil, water, butter, vanilla and salt, over medium high heat.
- Dump rice flour in all at once and stir until mixture is smooth and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between each addition.
- Beat until batter is smooth.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool on rack.
- When completely cooled, bag airtight and freeze, or, cut each puff in half fill with whipped cream, replace top, or partially fill with any kind of fruit sauce, top with whipped cream, replace top, drizzle fruit sauce over, and top again with whipped cream.
Have made choux pastry many times, but the rice flour really made them crisp and a bit easier to work. I used the baked puffs for profiteroles. Excellent
I am so often disappointed by GF recipes. I was shocked when this one turned out great-very close to regular cream puffs. Thanks for a great recipe that I will be making more often than I should.
So easy to make! Simply Divine!!!