Recipe by tunasushi
Lovely little pastries that NO ONE can resist
Top Review by padreaming
Don't let cream puffs scare you if you have never made them before. I piped them on a greased cookie sheet with a storage bag. Made 20 nice size puffs. I'm sure my family will ask for these again! Caution - Do not leave these on the counter or people will think they are rolls! LOL
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk milk and pudding till it thickens up and put it into the fridge.
- For the pastry:.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees celcius.
- Boil butter, water and salt in a saucepan. When everything has dissolved, add all the flour at one go and mix thoroughly.
- Take it off the heat and crack one egg into the mix. Stir till it loses its gloss and becomes doughy again.
- Repeat this with all the eggs.
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto a cookie sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 230 degrees celcius for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 165 degrees celcius and bake for 25 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet and let it cool thoroughly. Cut into half and remove doughy bits inside the puffs.
- Just before filling the puffs, stir whipped topping into the pudding mix. Fill and keep chilled.