Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A new twist on the traditional cream puff. This one has the same puffy crust, but is filled with ice cream and topped with chocolate syrup. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In medium saucepan, heat water and margarine to boiling.
- Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan in smooth compact ball, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Spoon 6 mounds of dough about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely.
- Split; remove any filaments of soft dough.
- Fill each with icecream and top with chocolate syrup.
Instead of chocolate sauce I used a Bavarian cream recipe I also got from 'zaar. This is incredible! Tasted just like a dessert I used to eat as a kid!