Made up this filling for the profiterole recipe I posted since the creme angelaise recipe I was given contained egg yolks (which I avoid like the plague). Enough to fill 1/2 recipe of my profiteroles
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk all ingredients together (except vanilla) to dissolve cornstarch.
- 2Put into a saucepan over med-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 3When it starts to bubble over itself, remove from heat, continuing to stir and add vanilla to taste preference.
- 4Add more water (a little at a time) if too thick (It should be thick enough to stay in the puffs, yet thin enough to pipe inside them).
- 5Refrigerate for a couple of hours, stir, and check consistency.
- 6If still too thick (it will thicken when cooled), add more water and stir again.
- 7repeat, if necessary.
- 8Put in old-fashioned ketchup/mustard squeeze bottles and pipe chilled mixture inside puffs.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Puff Filling
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g