Recipe by Barbasol
This dessert is quick and easy, cool and creamy,just like a cream puff. I have used different flavors of pudding, banana being my favorite. I have also used skim milk and low fat cream cheese, and it was still quite good.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup or chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil, add margarine, when melted, remove from heat.
- Add flour and stir to form a ball.
- With wooden spoon, add eggs, one at a time, and mix to shiny ball again, after each addition.
- Spread in 9x13 glass pan, grease with cooking spray first.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 400 Degrees, this will puff up, and be out of shape, cool completely.
- With a mixer, add 3 1/2 cups cold milk to pudding, then add cream cheese, this may look lumpy, it's ok, don't beat it to death, but it will incorporate while setting.
- Spread into cooled crust, top with Cool Whip, as much as desired. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or chocolate shavings.