Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This dessert is quick and easy, cool and creamy,just like a cream puff. I have used different flavors of pudding, banana being my favorite. I have also used skim milk and low fat cream cheese, and it was still quite good.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup or chocolate shavings
- Bring water to a boil, add margarine, when melted, remove from heat.
- Add flour and stir to form a ball.
- With wooden spoon, add eggs, one at a time, and mix to shiny ball again, after each addition.
- Spread in 9x13 glass pan, grease with cooking spray first.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 400 Degrees, this will puff up, and be out of shape, cool completely.
- With a mixer, add 3 1/2 cups cold milk to pudding, then add cream cheese, this may look lumpy, it's ok, don't beat it to death, but it will incorporate while setting.
- Spread into cooled crust, top with Cool Whip, as much as desired. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or chocolate shavings.
Awesome dessert. I'll Be making this again and again. I think I might try chocolate pudding next time.
My aunt gave me this exact recipe a few years ago. One of our favorites. Great for potlucks, always the first empty pan and everyone asks for the recipe.
After the first bite my husband almost jumped out of his chair saying,"This is REALLY,REALLY good!" I found this to be a very quick way to have the taste of traditional cream puffs, without having to individually cut and fill them. Followed the recipe exactly. Used Grandma's Hot Fudge Sauce # 89087 as the topping. Thanks for a great recipe.