Recipe by LAURIE
Yummy dessert loved at potlucks at work. Try it with French vanilla pudding or even chocolate.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
I've been making Cream Puffs for years and had never considered something like this recipe as an alternative. My cream puffs have always been one of my family's favorite desserts and they always think I don't make them often enough. That is probably because they are so time consuming and vanish so quickly. This time I used instant vanilla pudding as the recipe stated, but in the future, I will be making these with my homemade puddings. I usually use chocolate pudding, then drizzle with vanilla icing, or vanilla pudding, then drizzle with chocolate icing. My family was really pleased with these as an alternative to my Cream Puffs, but they also pointed out that my homemade puddings are 'much' better than 'mixes'. Thank you for sharing this recipe Laurie!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring butter and water to a boil.
- Add flour and mix until it forms a ball.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- Spread in an ungreased 11x15 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix puddding according to directions on package.
- Pour over the base.
- Top with cool whip.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.