Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good dessert to take to get togethers. Easy and everyone loves it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- some chocolate syrup
- Bring butter or margarine and water to boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour. Stir until all mixed well.
- Add eggs and beat well by hand.
- Put in 9 x 13 pan and bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Cool.
- Mix milk and instant pudding.
- Add softened cream cheese and beat until smooth (2-4 minutes).
- Spread over crust.
- Top with cool whip and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
This is a favorite dessert that our family has enjoyed for years. It always goes over great & I'm usually asked for the recipe if I serve it to guests. A very nice dessert.
I did half the recipe in a square pan. Maybe it would be good to grease the pan cause it stuck a little bit to the pan. I didn't have chocolate syrup to drizzle. It's a good little dessert not too sweet, fresh and fluffy. Thanks Toosharps :) Made for PAC Spring 2008
I was just looking for a creamy dessert with some cream cheese and I stumbled upon this one and wow! I couldn't wait for the crust to cool before I assembeled it and tried it and it is great!