Recipe by out of here
My DH described this as a supreme dessert. Got the recipe from a lady at a church potluck. Nice to carry to gatherings.
Top Review by tree luee dee
I, too, have been making this for years. It's fabulous. The only thing I do different is I use a bottle of "Magic Shell" instead of Hershey's Syrup. When you drizzle Magic Shell over the dessert and put it into the refrigerator, the chocolate hardens. It is to die for!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes French vanilla instant pudding
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 16 ounces Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and oleo, then stir in the flour.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, until smooth.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Filling: Mix until smooth the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix.
- Spread on cooled crust. Top with the cool-whip and drizzle the chocolate syrup on top of the cool-whip.
- I wait until I serve this to drizzle the syrup on.