Recipe by yooper
A co-worker of mine brought this into work today and I had to share the recipe! It's like a giant eclair!
Top Review by cherir
This was fantastic! I made it the night before, because I like to make pudding type desserts and let them sit and absorb the flavors (but save the Cool Whip for shortly before serving). I made this for a party and it was a huge hit! We did use the chocolate sauce, and it was perfect! I did not notice the crust getting soggy at all.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large heavy suacepan, heat butter and water to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and reduce heat to low.
- Cook and stir until it forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Spread in bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk and beat until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and beat until thickened.
- Spread over cooled shell.
- Top with whipped topping, and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.