Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dessert. I make it for every family get together and I have never found anyone who didnt like it.
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pudding mix (vanilla or pistacho)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups skim milk, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Bring the stick of margarine and water to boil.
- Take off stove and mix in one cup of flour very quickly.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- beat in 4 eggs one at a time.
- Put mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bae 30 minutes at 400.
- Turn off oven, open door till it dries out about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Filling------------------------- O .
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add milk.
- Then add boxes of pudding and vanilla.
- Spread on top of pastry.
- Spread cool whip on top of pudding mixture and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles (optional).
Belinda, this cake is great! You must really be a great cook!!! So creative to think of using more than onw kind of pudding. I used cheesecake today for my cream puff cake. It is wonderful. The family couldn't say enough good things about it. Thank you so much for the great recipe...TeresaLynn
It doesn't get any better than this...so sorry for not checking that you posted the recipe first!!! You deserve all the great reviews I got!!!
The pudding in this dish is delicious, I used only 2 packets of instant pudding as the packets we buy here in NZ ask for 2 cups of milk for one pudding, so with my mental conversions I figured 2 would be enough. It was and really whips up giving you heaps more than fits in a 9x13 pan. (Was ok though because I just used the remainder as a pudding with some sliced peaches.) Before I put the pudding mix on top of the pastry, I added a tin of peaches to that too. Glad that I did because it may have been a bit stodgy otherwise. Thanks for posting. =)