Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is AWESOME pasta sauce! Much different than alfredo-ish sauces, which I don't like. This one could be healthy, depending on which ingredients you use. I found the original version of this in a cookbook I received as a gift, but this is very different from that recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 7 -8 garlic cloves, minced (LOTS I added like 7 or 8!)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup sour cream (I used FF)
- 1 cup half-and-half (I've used both) or 1 cup milk (I've used both)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 whole zucchini (julienned or shredded)
- fresh shredded parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Cook minced garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in flour; cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream, milk, and lemon.
- Cook until heated through.
- Add zucchini, and cook just until bubbly.
- Add to pasta (I use this with my tortellini recipe).
- Add parmesan and black pepper to taste.
My DH doesnt care too much for zucchini, but he loved this dish served over spaghetti; the only change I made was to saute the julienned zucchini with the garlic prior to making the sauce. I have made this twice in three days..thanks for sharing.
This tasted very good. (Creamy & flavorful) A great way to use up the plethra of zucchini from the garden!! It was easy to make. I didn't make any adaptations to the recipe. Thanks, "Meow!"....!
Wow!!! I also roasted some cauliflower 1 1/2 cup and 1 chicken breast 1/2 inch cubes. This will stay in my recipe box! Also instead of the whole zucchini...I used 1 1/2 cup shredded and squeezed as much water out as possible. Served with Cellentani(Barilla) pasta cause it held the sauce in every nook and cranny.