Recipe by spatchcock
This is AWESOME pasta sauce! Much different than alfredo-ish sauces, which I don't like. This one could be healthy, depending on which ingredients you use. I found the original version of this in a cookbook I received as a gift, but this is very different from that recipe.
Top Review by ChefDebs
My DH doesnt care too much for zucchini, but he loved this dish served over spaghetti; the only change I made was to saute the julienned zucchini with the garlic prior to making the sauce. I have made this twice in three days..thanks for sharing.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 7 -8 garlic cloves, minced (LOTS I added like 7 or 8!)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup sour cream (I used FF)
- 1 cup half-and-half (I've used both) or 1 cup milk (I've used both)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 whole zucchini (julienned or shredded)
- fresh shredded parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Cook minced garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in flour; cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream, milk, and lemon.
- Cook until heated through.
- Add zucchini, and cook just until bubbly.
- Add to pasta (I use this with my tortellini recipe).
- Add parmesan and black pepper to taste.