Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
very flavoring, and tasty. Perfect for a cool night.
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 4 cups unpeeled grated zucchini
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- In a small slow cooker, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, combine all ingredients except sour cream.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Fold in sour cream and continue cooking for 10 minutes, or until soup is hot.
Great way to use your never ending zucchini supply! I used fresh dill and wouldn't skip it the next time - I also omitted the butter, just to save a few calories. Since I was short on time, I made this on the stovetop; first simmering the zucchini and onion until the onion was translucent, then adding the remaining ingredients except the sour cream, which I continued to simmer for about 45 minutes with the lid on before adding the sour cream. I'll be keeping this around since there is always more zucchini!