Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This creamy, flavorful soup has been my favorite since I was a little girl! It's very versitle and everybody that I tries it usually leaves with the recipe!
- 8 chicken wings
- 10 ounces baby carrots, Shredded
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups pre-shredded cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon (to taste)
- Cut the little meatless part off the chicken wings and then wash them off. Put them in a stock pot full of water. Add a bunch of salt, chicken bullion, carrots, celery, and onions.
- Cover and boil for about 1&1/2 hours or until the skin on the chicken starts to split. Remove from the pot and allow to cool.
- While this is boiling cook wild rice according to package directions.
- After chicken has cooked remove skin and remove meat from bone and put in the soup. Add half and half.
- In a frying pan melt butter and flour until smooth and add to bubbling soup. Then add 3 big handfuls of grated cheese of your choice. Let that melt and then eat it all.