Recipe by Gingerbear
This is an easy low-fat version but you do not have to use low-fat ingredients in this. Great wintertime meal.
- 1⁄2 lb 96% fat-free lean ground beef
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can nonfat beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups half & half light cream
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4 quart saucepan, brown ground beef.
- Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Spray saucepan with butter-flavor cooking spray.
- Sauté onion, carrot and hash browns until onion is clear.
- Blend in soups, then beef broth.
- Gradually blend in half and half.
- Stir in rice and browned meat.
- Continue to cook until heated throughout.