Recipe by AnitaL
White asparagus is more mild and less fibrous than the green. It is white because it hasn't been exposed to light.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is excellent! It has a lovely delicate flavor. My asparagus took a bit longer to cook, but it was worth the wait! I made this as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thanx!
- 1 lb fresh white asparagus, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 24 ounces chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, asparagus tips and stems, potato, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove asparagus tips and set aside.
- Allow soup to cool, then put in blender and blend till smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan, add reserved asparagus tips and cream and heat thoroughly.