1/1 Photo of Cream of White Asparagus Soup
White asparagus is more mild and less fibrous than the green. It is white because it hasn't been exposed to light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- 2Add chicken stock, asparagus tips and stems, potato, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 3Cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
- 5Remove asparagus tips and set aside.
- 6Allow soup to cool, then put in blender and blend till smooth.
- 7Return soup to saucepan, add reserved asparagus tips and cream and heat thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of White Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 603.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g