Nana Lee's Note:
This recipe was adopted Sept 15, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Large pot of boiled salt water (let simmer).
- 2Heat ½ liter water with salt and butter added to boiling.
- 3When it reaches the boil, add all of the cream of wheat at once.
- 4Stir continually till it bubbles (2- 3 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat& let cool, stirring often.
- 6In a large bowl, add 1 egg at a time to cream of wheat mixture and mix well.
- 7Add 1 Tbs flour and mix well.
- 8Put a tablespoon in boiling salt water before making each dumpling (to avoid sticking).
- 9Shape each dumpling into egg shape and place in simmering salt water.
- 10Make 30- 40 at a time.
- 11Let simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- 12When dumplings rise to top of water, remove& set aside.
- 13Make next batch.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Wheat Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 34.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g