Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a real money saver!!! I noticed a recipe Cream of Something and then found 20 other variations on the same thing. This is my variation. If you compare mine to all the others you will notice I leave out the bouillon and herbs. This is so you can flavor it at time of use with the herbs and bouillon flavors that compliment your recipe. I also prefer to use the Better than Bouillon in a jar (or other brands) as the first ingredient is always whatever the flavor is...beef, chicken, lobster, mushroom, etc.
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons minced onions, freeze dried
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- Mix well and store in an air tight container.
- When you need a cream of soup, for the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water.
- Add bouillon of choice or other flavoring -- If something like celery, saute it in butter first then add. Cheddar add 1/2 cup cheese and tsp dry mustard and replace water with milk. Other bases, sauté and spice as desired.
- Salt and pepper if needed.
- Cook until thick.