Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a creamy soup with carrots, onions, potatoes and zucchini.
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 sprigs thyme, tied together
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- creme fraiche
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot.
- Add the carrots, onions and carrots and cook.
- Cover and cook on low for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the potatoes and the broth, bring to a rapid boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the thyme and pepper.
- Cover, cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Add zucchini and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the thyme, and puree the soup in a blender or with a handheld blender, thinning with water if needed.
- Season to taste and serve with creme fraice and croutons.