Recipe by Maryland Jim
This old recipe calls for either dried thyme or dried dill. We found it surprising nice with the dill!!
Top Review by Hot Pepper
Very good soup. I used homemade veggie broth and a variety of vegetables. Great way to use up those extras... I think I will add a little less milk next time. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced vegetables
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients. Cover; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place mixture in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In same 2-quart saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Add milk or cream.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Cook until heated.