Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a lot tastier than it sounds! You can't tell it contains tofu, and it can be made low-carb and/or vegan by your choice of ingredients (some good low-carb vegetables to try are mushrooms, cauliflower, and spinach). It's also infinitely variable by changing the spices and veggies. Delicious and high-protein, it's a light meal in itself.
- 1 (16 ounce) package silken tofu
- 2 -4 cups chicken broth or 2 -4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked vegetables, of your choice (broccoli, mushroom, squash, etc)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspooon salt, plus additional to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional)
- Saute celery & onion in butter or oil over medium-low heat, until tender.
- Meanwhile, discard liquid from tofu package and place tofu in blender along with cooked vegetables, 2 cups of broth, and cheese or yeast flakes.
- Blend tofu mixture until smooth.
- Add garlic to pan with celery and saute another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool a minute or two.
- Stir in tofu mixture and return pan to heat. Add all spices. Stir well, and add more broth if too thick for your liking.
- Cover and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes. Taste and correct seasonings, adding more salt or broth if needed. Enjoy! (Even better the next day).