1/6 Photos of Cream of Turnip, Potato and Leek Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Much lighter than regular potato leek soup. If you want to be elegant, swirl a teaspoon of heavy cream into each bowl and sprinkle with snipped chives. Good hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over medium heat and add the vegetables; stir to coat.
- 2Reduce heat to very low, cover and cook the veggies, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3Add chicken broth. Increase heat to medium, cover and simmer 45 minutes, until veggies are utterly tender.
- 4In batches, puree soup in blender or food processor.
- 5Return soup to pot; add 1 to 1 and ½ C milk or light cream, thinning to desired consistency.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Turnip, Potato and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 798.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g