Much lighter than regular potato leek soup. If you want to be elegant, swirl a teaspoon of heavy cream into each bowl and sprinkle with snipped chives. Good hot or cold.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add the vegetables; stir to coat.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover and cook the veggies, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Increase heat to medium, cover and simmer 45 minutes, until veggies are utterly tender.
- In batches, puree soup in blender or food processor.
- Return soup to pot; add 1 to 1 and ½ C milk or light cream, thinning to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.