2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Phil Smith's Note:
This is a nice and tasty cream of turkey soup. Perfect for leftover turkeys bones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- whole leftover turkey bones (breast, etc) or meat (breast, etc)
- water, to cover turkey (an inch over turkey)
- 2 whole carrots
- 2 whole celery
- 2 onions
- 8 ounces of mix frozen vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if needed)
- 1 pinch black pepper (if needed)
- 1Place turkey bones/meat in a pot.
- 2Add enough water to cover turkey (~one inch over turkey).
- 3Add raw carrots, onions, and celery.
- 4Cook for ~two hours.
- 5Empty clear broth into a bowl.
- 6Throw out bones and cooked vegetables.
- 72nd part - put the broth on a simmer.
- 8Blend in butter, flour, Heat until bubbly.
- 9Gradually add half and half
- 10Bring to boiling, cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Add frozen mix veggies.
- 12Cook until thicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1917.1
- Calories from Fat 1350
- Total Fat 150.1 g
- Saturated Fat 93.4 g
- Cholesterol 423.1 mg
- Sodium 2436.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 32.1 g