Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a nice and tasty cream of turkey soup. Perfect for leftover turkeys bones
Make and share this Cream of Turkey Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- whole leftover turkey bones (breast, etc) or meat (breast, etc)
- water, to cover turkey (an inch over turkey)
- 2 whole carrots
- 2 whole celery
- 2 onions
- 8 ounces of mix frozen vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (if needed)
- 1 pinch black pepper (if needed)
- Place turkey bones/meat in a pot.
- Add enough water to cover turkey (~one inch over turkey).
- Add raw carrots, onions, and celery.
- Cook for ~two hours.
- Empty clear broth into a bowl.
- Throw out bones and cooked vegetables.
- 2nd part - put the broth on a simmer.
- Blend in butter, flour, Heat until bubbly.
- Gradually add half and half
- Bring to boiling, cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add frozen mix veggies.
- Cook until thicken.
This is very bland! All I could taste was flour and butter. I added a lot more salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon garlic powder & 1teaspoon celery seed. Much better :)
I was happy to find and follow steps 1 through 6--wanted to get a broth out of my turkey carcass before tossing it, and this seemed just the trick. Since I didn't make the full recipe, I can't really comment in greater detail.