Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
First place winner at Recipe Swap.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 48 ounces light chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) canitalian peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Saute onion in 1 Tablespoon butter until soft, about 3-7 minutes. Add celery and carrot and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- With hand blender, puree vegetables until smooth. Add dill, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings.
- In a small pan, combine 2 tablespoons flour in 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Cook 1 minute. Add warm cream and cook until bubbly. Add to soup and stir until blended. DO NOT BOIL. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and top with croutons.