First place winner at Recipe Swap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in 1 Tablespoon butter until soft, about 3-7 minutes. Add celery and carrot and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 2With hand blender, puree vegetables until smooth. Add dill, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings.
- 3In a small pan, combine 2 tablespoons flour in 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Cook 1 minute. Add warm cream and cook until bubbly. Add to soup and stir until blended. DO NOT BOIL. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- 4Ladle into bowls and top with croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Tomato Soup With Dill
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light chicken broth