Recipe by mollypaul
A neat way for dehydrators to use their tomatoes and a great thing to keep on hand in the event of an emergency. If you'd like to bump up the flavor a little, replace the salt with chicken bouillon powder. Found online and thought it was too good not to share. :-)
- 3 cups dried tomatoes, slices
- 1⁄2 cup dried powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Powder tomato slices in a blender or with a pestle.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Add to a glass jar and tightly seal the lid.
- Attach the following instructions on a gift tag: Cream Of Tomato Soup.
- Add contents of jar to 1 1/2 quarts boiling water and simmer 10 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon butter or margarine after cooking.