Recipe by Jenn_B
I clipped this out of a magazine a few years ago and just whipped it up for my sick daughter. It is so good!
Top Review by Outta Here
So easy and so good! Perfect blend of flavors. Beats the heck out of that Campbell's stuff. I added some chopped chives and shredded Parmesan as a garnish. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallots or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute until soft, approx 3 minute Add broth and tomatoes, bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer uncoverd for 25 min or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Process in 2 batches in a blender until smooth. Return to pot and heat over med heat until soup is warmed thoroughly.Stir in half and half and 1 Tbsp of butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with parsley and toasted saltines.