Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that I took from a junior cook book. I made this a few years ago and my family enjoyed it a lot. Hope you family will too =)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook until very soft and lightly golden, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and sugar to the pan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer the soup, partially covered with a lid, for 20 minutes. Allow the soup to cool a little, then process it in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, stir in the cream and reheat gently. Don't let the soup boil once you have added the cream, or it will curdle.
- Serve heated, garnished with chopped spring onions.
Wonderfully simple, but full of flavor soup. I love it, I enjoyed with shredded parmesan and some croutons. I added oregano. It reminded me of Panera's cream of tomato soup. Next time I will try it with asiago cheese. Thanks for posting this recipe.
A nice tomato soup! I used garlic and onion flavored diced tomatoes which provided much needed flavor, as I felt this soup was a bit mild (even with my flavored tomatoes). I added 2T of parmesan cheese at the end and that did the trick for me. Also of note, I used half and half in place of cream without compromising the creamy texture. Thanks! Made for MAKE MY RECIPE.
Great soup, PWKid! My stepson doesn't like tomato soup but I coerced him into trying a bowl. He said the cream in the recipe was great! He ate a bowl then he made himself another bowl for a snack a few hours later! I was stunned stupid. Thanks for the recipe. He's 14 and wants a girlfriend. If you are interested...